Ampetronic is the world leader in the design and manufacture of audio induction loop systems, also known as hearing loop systems or T loops, systems that allow people with hearing loss to connect to the world around them. Our products are sold and distributed all over the world from our base in Newark and can be found in international airports, World Cup stadiums, globally recognized retail stores, fast food outlets and train and bus networks across the world. Our product and service solutions are all developed in-house, and sold worldwide by our passionate and driven team, delivering a life-changing benefit to those living with hearing loss.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Support Engineer to provide efficient and responsive service to new and existing customers. You will be the first point of contact across email, phone and live chat for project enquiries, offering both pre and post-sales support across our range of products.
The applicant should have excellent communication skills as well as a focus on customer service and attention to detail when carrying out administrative tasks.
This role would suit someone with a technical background and experience or interest in audio systems. A suitable candidate may also have a background in IT support, with a good understanding of networking.
Key responsibilities will include
- Strong customer communication via email, phone and web chat
- Assessing new project enquiries, responding to customers and booking project details on to CRM system
- Identifying the correct system types to meet customer and project requirements, from a range of Ampetronic’s products and companion distributed products
- Preparing equipment quotations and basic system design documents, responding to bids in a timely manner
Essential skills and requirements
- Passionate about delivering a high level of customer service
- A background in either audio or IT with an interest in delivering high quality sound
- Attention to detail and working to a high level of quality, following documented procedures in line with our ISO 9001 accreditation
- Personable manner with customers and able to give clear, concise explanations of technology systems
- Good IT skills, experience with Microsoft Office and quick to learn new software packages
- Ability to manage your own time and prioritise a series of time limited tasks each day
- Working closely with the immediate team as well as other departments within the business
- Experience of building industry tender process
- Understanding of scaled drawings and basic CAD functions
- Knowledge of networked audio and AV control systems
- Basic electrical knowledge, ohms law, impedance etc.
37.5 hours per working week, predominantly office-based at the company main office in Newark. Following the initial training period there is scope for a degree of hybrid working with some time spent remote working each week if desired.
Flexible hours may be worked by agreement subject to the core hours of 10am to 4pm being covered. It may be necessary to work overtime during peak times and when deadlines are close.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com